Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas... Let the countdown begin!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Spent some of this week jotting down the items I'll need to haul down to Monterrey with me.  It's basically a modification of the list posted on the Dr. S group over at ObesityHelp.com - modified for a man.  :)  The list was extremely helpful BUT some items just don't apply to me. 

I can't say I'm nervous yet but I'm feeling a little anxious.  It's in the back of mind now.  I never had surgery before and the unknown is always a bit scary.  I wonder if I'll start having butterflies as the time gets closer.  I'll focus on getting ready for the trip and preparing as best I can.

Part of the prep has been keeping at my exercise routine, hard!  On the days that I work, I'm at the gym by 6am for my cardio routine and then 3 days a week I'm back at lunch for some heavy weight training.  I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 program which focuses on full body workouts.  Squats are at the core and I've increased mine up to 215 pounds.  I want my legs to be strong and this program is good for that.  I should be squating 225 before the surgery.  That's my goal at least.

Mark

1 comment:

  1. Mark,
    Have you scheduled your PS in MX with Dr. S yet?

    ReplyDelete