Friday, January 22, 2010

4 down/ 2 to go

DrS removed 4 drains today.  That only leaves the one in my right arm and one in my abdomen.  The sense of freedom is just as heady as the freedom I felt after getting out of the clinic.  Stowing two drains is nothing when I want to go out and walk around.  I hope to be drain free by Monday.

Let me take a moment to say that the care, service and level of professionalism I've recieved has been exactly the high level I was promised.  DrS and all the nurses (especially Patty) are great at what they do.  Not only that, I truly believe that most of them love what they do.  To use a simply analogy, it's like I've not paid them yet and my level of care determines what they get paid.  Ok, that was a little capitalist of me but it's the first analogy to "pop" into my head. 

This experience has turned out better than I could have hoped
Mark

2 comments:

  1. First off congrats. I know it's been years since you had the surgeries but afterwards are you still happy with the job of Dr. S? I plan on having my PS abroad and I am still doing a lot of research. Exactly how long were you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off congrats. I know it's been years since you had the surgeries but afterwards are you still happy with the job of Dr. S? I plan on having my PS abroad and I am still doing a lot of research. Exactly how long were you there?

    ReplyDelete